Since our founding in 1955, we at Little River United Church of Christ (UCC) have been called by God to celebrate diversity, independent thought, and faithful action. This call led us to become racially integrated in the segregated Virginia of the 1950s. That same call led us in 2001 to become open to and affirming of LGBT folks, including full access to the rites of ordination and marriage. Today, we build on our heritage of proclaiming God’s radically inclusive love to our congregation, neighborhood, and world by nurturing individual and congregational spirituality, serving our community, and advocating for all God’s creatures and creation. We’d love to have you join with us in these sacred tasks!
We gather as Little River United Church of Christ to experience and express the love of God in Jesus Christ. As a community of faith we:
- • Develop our relationship with God through worship, prayer, education, and fellowship;
- • Care for and nurture individuals, the community, and the wider world;
- • Recognize, accept, and celebrate the diversity of all God’s people, and
- • Build on our church’s history and traditions while adapting to the needs of our time and place.
Little River United Church of Christ is called by God to celebrate diversity, independent thought and faithful action by doing the following in our congregation, neighborhood and world:
- • Nurturing individual and congregational spirituality
- • Serving our Community
- • Advocating for all God's creatures and creation
Approved at Annual Meeting by Congregational Vote on February 7, 2016
For more information about the United Church of Christ, please visit these sites:
United Church of Christ
Still Speaking Initiative
Central Atlantic Conference
And check out the ad from the UCC!